There are 2 types of Aerosols we supply, namely FSD S-Type Wall mounted and Floor:
FSD S-TYPE WALL MOUNT AEROSOL GENERATORS
- Compact and easy to install,maximime coverage 30 m3 per unit.
- 3 activation method – Electric thermal bulb and thermal cord.
FSD S-TYPE FLOOR STANDING AEROSOL GENERATORS
- Floor standing aerosols are mainly used for last coverage areas.
- Maximum coverage up to 142 m3 per unit.
- Cost effective.
- only electrical activation.
What is Aerosol?
Condensed aerosol suppression is a particle-based form of fire extinction. Similar to gaseous fire suppressionor dry chemical fire extinction.The aerosol employs a fire. Extinguishing agent consisting of very fine solid particles and gaseous matter to extinguish fires.
FSD Aerosol does not remove or lower Oxygen levels. The Strontuim Nitrate micro-particles released. During discharge bind the flames free-radicals and break down the chemical reaction and the flame dies!
ARE ALL AEROSOL SYSTEMS EQUAL?
Older aerosol extinguishing systems make use of Potassium based compound. Negatives of Potassium based aerosol includes potential for corrosion and high discharge temperatures.
FSD S-TYPE Aerosol Generators make use of newly formed Strontuin Nitrate compound which has many benefits over pressurised gas extinguishing systems and other aerosol systems.
Where can FSD Aerosols be used:
- MCC’S, switchgear and other electrical cabinets
- Server rooms and data centre’s
- engine bays/engine rooms
- Cable voids/Tunnels/Floor and ceiling voids
- Storage rooms/Vaults
- Any enclosed space that contains high value items